Careers at Kids House
Great people! Great Mission! Great Work Environment!
Kid's House mission is to prevent child abuse, and to aid child abuse victims and families by providing coordinated services in a safe, child-friendly environment from report and investigation to treatment and resolution.
Since 1999, we have served over 20,000 children in Central Florida. In collaboration with law enforcement, the State Attorney's Office, medical personnel, child protection professionals, social workers and licensed mental health counselors, we work to break the cycle of violence of child abuse and neglect.
Kids House is comprised of a multidisciplinary staff of 30, which includes a Child Protection Team of medical professionals and forensic interviews; child advocates/crisis intervention specialist, therapist and an Executive Director, Quality Assurance Director, Director of Philanthropy, Events Manager, Philanthropy Manager, university interns and community volunteers.
Join our supportive, collaborative Kids House Team as we work to protect our most vulnerable children!
ARNP PA-C ON CALL POSITION
Kids House is seeking a part-time Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for an on-call position with the District 7C Seminole County Child Protection Team. You will provide medical assessments of children with allegations of abuse or neglect who are referred to the Seminole County District 7C Child Protection Team.
- Holds an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License from the State of Florida Department of Health Division of Medical Quality Assurance and maintains national certification as an ARNP or PA.
- Experience in the evaluation and treatment of child abuse and neglect or agree to training deemed necessary by the Department of Health for evaluating abuse and neglect
- Able to provide proof of proficiency in BLS (ACLS preferred but not required)
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Provide diagnostic evaluations and medical consultations for children with allegations of abuse or neglect
- Prepare written reports of evaluations and consultations
- Provide depositions and court testimony as requested
- Successful completion of continuing education standards that include a minimum of eight hours of training per year in child abuse, abandonment and neglect
- Participate in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities
- Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring or activities as needed
- Support quality standards and initiatives set by the child Protection Team
If you're interested in this position, please contact:
Jan Carlson, ARNP
Medical Trauma Program Director
Kids House- Wayne Densch Children's Advocacy Center
407-324-3036 ext 229