Medical Trauma Program
The Medical Trauma Program lends their medical expertise to the investigation and treatment of children suffering from abuse. The kid friendly atmosphere of the exam rooms and warm demeanor of our medical staff help put these children at ease while we provide them with the care they need.
The Medical Trauma Program offers:
- Forensic medical examination for child victims of physical abuse or neglect
- Forensic medical examination for child victims of sexual abuse
- Diagnostic testing and treatment for child victims of abuse
- Comprehensive physical and developmental assessments for community foster care children
- Partnership with Florida Hospital for Children, providing didactic and clinical training to medical students and pediatric physician residents for a 3-week child abuse rotation
- Partnerships with Seminole State College Nursing, Kaiser University, ECPI University, and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic programs, providing didactic training in child abuse and related topics
- Kids House Health Care Alliance
- Expert witness testimony in criminal, dependency, and civil court.