Be a Volunteer
Volunteers are our helping hands, critical to our mission and allowing us to achieve so much around the house and throughout the community. We are always looking for friendly, energetic and motivated volunteers who are interested in getting involved at our Children's Advocacy Center. There are many opportunities to suit a variety of different skills and interests.
- Community Event Volunteers
Kids House gets invited to participate in various events throughout the community during the year. We often need volunteers to help staff the booths at these events, represent Kids House, pass out information and interact with children and families.
- Kids House Event Volunteers
Throughout the year, Kids House hosts events for the children and families we serve. Events are season and include a Halloween Party, Back to School Splash and Holiday Party. Volunteers are needed to help decorate, prepare materials and make these events extra special and lots of fun for every child who attends.
- Maintenance Volunteers
It takes a lot of hard work to jeep our facility in good shape. We are always looking for handymen and women interested in coming to lend a hand. Handyman projects include changing light bulbs, painting, landscaping, etc. and are always on our to-do list.
- Clothing Drives for our Kids House Clubhouse
Our Kids ClubHouse was built in partnership with the Rotary Clubs of Seminole County. We are able to accept new items to stock our shelves with the necessities for the children we serve. Clothing, shoes, socks, underwear, diapers and personal care/hygiene products are needed for infants and children up to 18 years old.
- Office Assistants
Helpers are always needed around Kids House to assist with numerous administrative tasks. Data entry, filing and special projects are the focus on this volunteer assignment.
- Fundraising Committee Volunteers
Interested in helping Kids House raise money for our children? Throughout the year, Kids House hosts several fundraising events and the support of community volunteers is invaluable to these efforts. If you are interested in helping plan events such as golf tournaments, galas, 5k runs, etc. please contact the Philanthropy Department at 407-324-3036 Ext. 266.
Kids House Volunteer Speaker's Bureau
Kids House Speaker Bureau provides an opportunity for interested volunteers to represent Kids House at various events and speaking engagements throughout the year. Volunteers for the speaker's bureau should be outgoing, professional and most importantly have a passion for the work done at Kids House and eager to spread the message of child abuse prevention.
Who are the speakers?
Our speakers are Kids House staff and volunteers who have confidence, pride and positive hope for what we can do for our most vulnerable children.
Frequently requested topics include: information about Kids House, child abuse prevention, what to do if you suspect child abuse and how to get involved and volunteer with Kids House.
How do I become a volunteer speaker?
Interested volunteers are invited to apply and receive training. Once you have completed the training you will be contacted about potential speaking opportunities.
To schedule a speaker for your civic organization, women's club, school, company, community service group or interested in becoming a volunteer speaker please contact Terri McClung at 407-324-3036 ext. 2237 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplies We Need
Please support Kids House with the direct donation of equipment, supplies or other items. As the seasons change so do the needs of our children and families.
The following list contains items that would benefit Kids House and the families we serve. We kindly ask that all donations be NEW
items, thank you!
- Backpacks are always in need- any size, color, gender, or age is appreciated.
- School supplies (crayons, notebook paper, binders, etc.)
- Tissues, paper towels, Clorox wipes and Lysol spray
- Office supplies (copy paper, legal pads, pends, envelopes, file folders, etc.)
- Clothing, underwear, socks and shoes for school-age children (grades K-12)
- Light winter jackets and sweaters for children of all ages
- Pacifiers and teethers (brand new in package)
- Newer release kids DVDS (rate G or PG)
- Batteries (especially AA)
- Children toys, drawing paper, water color paints, play sand and PlayDough
- Gift cards greatly help our clients. As a service project consider having your class, scout team, church, community or civic group collect and donate gift cards for any of the following: gas cards, grocery stores, discount retailers (ex. Walmart/Target), Babies R Us, or phone cards for pre-paid cell phones.
For more information on how you can get involved, please contact Kids House front desk at 407-324-3036.